The Pursuit of MANHOOD

"Be happy, young man, while you are young,and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth. Follow the ways of your heart and whatever your eyes see, but know that for all these things God will bring you to judgment."--Ecclesiastes 11:9 - This blog is dedicated to Adam's fervent journey into becoming a man. Or just a blog about his life and thoughts in general.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Welcome to The Pursuit of Manhood

First, let me point out that this is the most masculine title of a blog I have yet seen. Hopefully that reflects accurately on the source of its content (just in case it was missed, the title is tongue-in-cheek).

Second, you might notice something about the layout of this blog. I attempted to choose the ugliest template available. Why?? I have no desire to design this myself. Call it laziness, or evidence of the fact that I am less evolved than a human being who desires to express themselves through colours, but I have chosen not to put any time into it.

As a result, I am putting out a call to anyone who wishes to change the background and layout. I KNOW there are at least three people who will feel compelled to volunteer, feel free to email me and I will think about it and maybe send you the password to this blog. I know you don't want to be subjected to this haha.

Lastly, an answer to "Why finally have your own blog?":

Charles Spurgeon, the 19th Century British preacher, said of his calling to the pastorate that there was "an intense, all-absorbing desire for the work". This does not describe my desire to blog - nevertheless I really wanted to do it.

I will still post on http://chronicgospel.blogspot.com/ now and then, but I wanted a place where it didn't seem as though I was addressing any specific group. I chose blogspot cause other people were on it and I knew how to use it best. Sorry those of you who are on lj or whatever.

Again, welcome to THE PURSUIT OF MANHOOD!

5 Comments:

  • At 3:36 AM, Blogger His Creation said…

    Hopefully it won't be the typical boring male blog.

    Manhood's interesting, don't let it down.

    By the way, you should allow comments from anonymous people, that way Will can post here too.

    -Pete

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger monica said…

    ADAM!!!! Will all your entries be about manhood?? How much can you write about that?? Can I volunteer to change your template and design your profile (I'll put up a picture and write out all your interests) ^_^ So, if all your entries are going to be about pursuing manhood, what are you going to do when you achieve it? What happens after manhood? post-manhood? Descendance into un-manhood? If you run out of ideas about what to post about your related topic, can I give you ideas?

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger His Creation said…

    HAHAHA!!!

    - andrea

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger It's My DLu! said…

    sweet man. i hope you do a better job than me :)

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The hideousness of that page is alarming. Please accept Monica's offer.

    Oh, and consider yourself blogstalked.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home