The Pursuit of MANHOOD

"Be happy, young man, while you are young,and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth. Follow the ways of your heart and whatever your eyes see, but know that for all these things God will bring you to judgment."--Ecclesiastes 11:9 - This blog is dedicated to Adam's fervent journey into becoming a man. Or just a blog about his life and thoughts in general.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Summer Struggles, A Special Way to Partner with Adam, and More Girly Music

a)

IT HAS BEEN SO DONCING HOT THIS WEEK. It was really hot.

I’ve had a rough week kinda – fewest appointments so far, pitiful times in the Word, was way behind in support stuff, sweated like Michael Moore, headaches, felt out of shape, felt guilty for far exceeding my weekly budget, and my back hurts.

BUT today was a good day – caught up with work, took better care of my back, had less headaches, was a little more active, the air conditioning was on (and now its not even hot outside!), AND I had a good time in Lamentations (3, the one with the least lamenting)

Cool thing recently – I got some of my non-Christian friends to play board games with peeps from Church. THEY HAD A LOT OF FUN. My non-Christian friends are SO hard to please (without alcohol or.. worse)… and to imagine it would be games that won them over. So, hopefully I can arrange more games in the future.

b)
Want to partner with me for my trip to Asia but can’t do so financially? You can do so through LENDING ME BOOKS FOR THE YEAR. So, check your library, and if you have the following Christian books, gimme a shout:

Bill Hybels - Too Busy not to Pray
John Macarthur - Charismatic Chaos
John Piper - Let the Nations be Glad
Randy Newman - Questioning Evangelism
Horton Davies - Worship of the American Puritans
Michael Horton - In the Face of God
Leonard Payton - Reforming Our Worship Music
Gordon Fee - How to Read the Bible for All It's Worth
Adoniram Judson (biography)

You could potentially help change the way I do ministry or live or think or love God by lending me these books!

Sorry, but if you have other books you want to lend me, the reality is that I probably will not read them, and you probably don’t want to see me reject your favourite books. So, I’m really glad Come Thirsty by Max Lucado helped you out a lot…. But you’re only going to be offended if you try to lend it to me :P.

c)

Still all about the Lillix – but ACTUALLY check out their latest CD – Inside the Hollow. They are legitimately good.

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home