The Pursuit of MANHOOD

"Be happy, young man, while you are young,and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth. Follow the ways of your heart and whatever your eyes see, but know that for all these things God will bring you to judgment."--Ecclesiastes 11:9 - This blog is dedicated to Adam's fervent journey into becoming a man. Or just a blog about his life and thoughts in general.

Monday, October 08, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!, a book i just finished, fasting, and chinese music

a)
Happy Thanksgiving!

b)
Just finished “Seeing and Savoring (sic, haha) Jesus Christ” by Dr. John Piper. This is officially my recommendation for anyone who wants to find out what Piper’s theology is about in a readable volume. This is a great devotional book: it’s all about looking at the REAL Jesus from the Bible, pure Jesus, untamed and uncensored. Really short and divided into chapters that can be easily read quickly before diving into the Word, I’d definitely recommend it.

c)
Today is the last Monday where we will be fasting as a group here. I’ve been really slow at including it as a discipline in my own life, and so it’s been a good chance to study it and think about it. I think it’s a discipline I want to more consistently do. I find it particularly hard, but God has given me grace to be able to endure (the mere 24 hour periods) haha.

d)
Think I’ve finally been able to find Chinese music besides Cyndi Wang that I enjoy. I now have a few Jay Chow songs that I enjoy, although my opinion of his work as a whole does not compare to my appreciation of Cyndi’s repertoire. I have also been enjoying this song (which you might think too poppy and happy) with Cheer Chen. Have you ever heard of her? Here’s the music video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neTMR5KtRog

That is all.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home