The Pursuit of MANHOOD

"Be happy, young man, while you are young,and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth. Follow the ways of your heart and whatever your eyes see, but know that for all these things God will bring you to judgment."--Ecclesiastes 11:9 - This blog is dedicated to Adam's fervent journey into becoming a man. Or just a blog about his life and thoughts in general.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Reflections from my week in Toronto part 2

HAHA! You thought I had turned all Darren and given up on blogging. Alas, not the case.

c) Catching up with recent, old, and older friends

So, I’m having trouble writing this, because this is serious, but it’s a blog, so I don’t want it to sound like a sermon.

Really simple – I loved seeing what God is doing in the lives of my friends, because it reminded me of how beautiful the adventure is.

Meeting up with friends at different stages in that adventure was great: some have "grown up" with me the last couple of years, some are where I was a year ago, now dreaming bigger dreams and taking bigger steps for God, and some are now just at that starting point, starting to understand the Joy that a life in the Hands of God can be.

It reminds me of what God has done in me: that first time my heart understood that God really was big enough to have the best plans for me or the first time I really realized how terrifying, but thrilling it is to trust God with something only He can do. And now to talk away with a friend of mine, and to see God continuing to guide us (though separately) and change our hearts, little by little, it makes me stand in awe.

This is my last year of University, meaning, im really young, but I still just look back and ask "Who am I that I am still alive to taste and see and know the Maker of this Universe? The One who is the author and perfecter of our faith?".

Heh, it seems as though I forget so fast about my brothers and sisters. How little I pray for them. I confess it: its hard to keep up with people, no matter how much you love them. But when I think about how far we’ve come, and how much more of God’s Grace there is to experience, I feel as though I have not been worthy to see the Work of God in your lives.

So, thank you.
(special shout-outs to SJZ04,BD05,TJ06)

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home