The Pursuit of MANHOOD

"Be happy, young man, while you are young,and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth. Follow the ways of your heart and whatever your eyes see, but know that for all these things God will bring you to judgment."--Ecclesiastes 11:9 - This blog is dedicated to Adam's fervent journey into becoming a man. Or just a blog about his life and thoughts in general.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Some Quick Things

Well, I've just gotten over my flu. Last night was crazy, I felt sooooo cold, and had this enormous headache. During the Christmas Banquet, I actually slept in the sanctuary in Sunnyside (the Church we have it in), it was nuts..

But now I'm good. Here's a quick update of mildly interesting things in my life.

a) Facebook
Well, if you have recently noticed I have facebook, and are irritated to no end that I did not add you (invite you? friend-ify you? I don't know the terminology), that is because individuals with questionable morals went into my email without permission, signed me up for facebook, and then other individuals with questionable morals spammed my "wall" with intellect-diminishing monologue from foreign movies with nudity. So, I apologize if you felt ignored, I have no plans on making any friends through this system of communication, but since it is being hyped as the next big ministry tool by Campus for Christ, maybe I will use it later in the future.

b) My New Favourite TV Show/More on Cyndi Wang
If you have me on MSN, you might have noticed my picture is a Taiwanese girl eating fruit. This is Cyndi Wang, Asia's next rising star (*crossing fingers*) and the star of Smiling Pasta (Wei Xiao Pasta). This show is great, I totally recommend you watch it on Youtube, and if you understand Mandarin, you can even watch past the point I am at. However, be warned, the first episode is a little cheesy. Episode 13 with subtitles has not yet been uploaded, and fans are going crazy! (proof:http://www.youtube.com/profile_comment_all?user=uluvshane).

In regards to my picture of her - I do not spend all my time perusing photographs of her, wishing that we could fall in love. And as I have gotten some "rebuking", I must give a rebuttal to the claim that my picture displays her in a "seductive" position:
i) She is eating fruit - That is just good for the kids to see, as nutrition, especially nowadays, should be a high concern. So, it is a positive thing.
ii) She is smiling, that seems like the most reasonable thing to do when a picture is being taken of you. It is not an act of seduction.
iii) You cannot see her girly parts in the picture.

c) (The more serious part) My Health of late
So, as was previously mentioned, I've been pretty sick lately. One brother reminded me yesterday that Satan loves to attack us through bad health, and so I was reminded that although Satan loves the throw his fiery arrows, what man (or Satan) meant for evil, God can turn for good. So, after that point, I was able to think about how I could use my flu and Satan's fiery darts to put my shield of faith in practice and continue to wield my sword of the Spirit (the Word) to cut down Satan's darts like little twigs. So, if you're reading, brother, thank you. The rest of the night and today were good as I read a little more and listened to Dr. John Piper (a pastor, for those of you who don't know who he is).

d) Stallone? A Saint in God's elect??????
http://www.citizenlink.org/clcommentary/A000003061.cfm - Read it.

Well, that's it. I hope I can update again soon.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    yeah man. we should see it sometime if we can in tdot.

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger lowonthego said…

    maybe...
    satan also uses pictures of girls eating fruit to seduce!


    haha, sorry that wasn't funny.

    but it IS seductive.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home